GCSEN EXECUTIVE TEAM
Professor Michael J. Caslin, III- GCSEN Foundation Board Chair, President & CEO.
(for more info view Meet the Founder)
Anthony M. DiMarco, GCSEN Managing Director, Global Platforms
Tony DiMarco has 35 years of experience in new product development, business development, and entrepreneurship. His experiences are diverse and include 20 years with IBM, 6 years with Marist College, and 9 years as an entrepreneur. Tony is a consummate innovator with a passion for doing things that have never been done before, and for doing things in new ways, with a track record of creating breakthrough business results. Tony has been leading an initiative over the past 5 years to develop a startup ecosystem across the Hudson Valley. His efforts have led to the formation of the Hudson Valley Startup Fund, and a sizeable network of entrepreneurs and the resources that support them. He is an expert in entrepreneurship, startup incubation, business coaching, business strategy, business plans, funding, new product development, brand management, marketing communications, consultative/solution sales, collaboration and team building, business operations, financial management, knowledge management, talent management, and career management. His degrees include a B.S. Electrical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and MBA with a Marketing emphasis, from Union College.
Joseph J Szocik, GCSEN Managing Director, Research & Innovation
His background features 30+ years’ experience in the private, public and non-profit sectors including: Sustainable Community Consulting with URGENT VC where he consulted with The White House, EPA, U.S. Department of Interior, National Ocean Council, and Native American Tribes and organizations. He also developed consulting materials and programs to support sustainable community development and transformative scale initiatives. He has advised numerous private and public sector clients on developing training programs related to “green” technologies and was a technical adviser to (18) manufacturing sector networks in the Commonwealth of MA. Joe has served in multiple organizational leadership roles as well a Consultant/Coach in Negotiations, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Career Planning, Employment Interviewing/Job Search Skills and Grant Writing. In addition, his expertise as a Licensed Certified Social Worker includes counseling male ex-offenders, substance abusers and court adjudicated juveniles; organizing employment and training programs for welfare recipients, unemployed adults and juveniles and corporate employees. Joe has a M.ED from Boston University, an MPA, Harvard University Kennedy School and has done graduate level course work in Organizational Development and Systems Theory at the Sloan School of Management, MIT.
Ronald Zorrilla, GCSEN Director of Operations and Special Projects
Ronald is founder and CEO of Outdoor Promise, a nonprofit that uses the outdoors as a classroom to expose urban youth to nature as well as spark interest in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.). His background is in finance and he holds a bachelors degree in Finance and Investments from Baruch College Zicklin School of Business.
Consultants and Staff
Kris Van Nest, GCSEN Videographer, Photographer
- Host / Founder / Executive Producer, THISLEARNING®
- TVHost / Creator / Executive Producer, TREKKEN TV
- Host / Creator / Executive Producer, FREESPORT TV
- Director/Lead Multimedia Developer, Intelligent Applications Development
- MS Educational Technology & BA Cognitive Science, Lehigh University
- Instructional Designer contracted to Pearson
- Passionate Photographer, Videographer, Traveler, Owner 4Pistons Media
- Mom to two 20-something adult humans and 4 dogs.
- Lead Training Developer, U.S. Army SUGV Robotics Program, Implementation Specialist for Higher Ed Learning Management Systems
- B.A. Technical Journalism, Colorado State U. Masters in Process, University of Colorado
Melissa Calabro, GCSEN Branding and Graphic Design
- CEO and Founder of Design by MGC
- 13 years plus experience as a graphic designer
- Has worked as a graphic designer for Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Scholastic and Columbia University
- BFA in Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts